Pages

Thursday 10 November 2011

One for you, one for me

Ahem.

Usually I am pretty good at resisting the urge to buy things willy-nilly. Especially considering that I'd already had a present to myself in the morning.

Buuuut, yesterday I had to pick up an item from a clothes shop that I'd ordered for my niece's birthday and I caught a flash sale that was on. Be rude not to look so I took a peek.

I've been looking for a cardigan for work that is good quality and that I can also wear with leggings if the mood takes. I spotted this on the rails and while I'd never pay full price for it I thought that 50% off was a good deal so I tried it on........



I love the fact that it is quite long - covers the lady lumps :) and I liked the detail of the little flower corsage. Plus the colour although grey is a welcome change from my usual black.

I also bought a bargain belt for £2 that will go with a dress I have with the same colour in and finally a little across-the-body bag for a Christmas gift.

Not forgetting the reason for the trip in the first place. Check out this all-in-one cow print pyjama that my niece wanted for her birthday:


The girls got style ;)

As I was passing I dropped by the local fruit and veg shop to stock up on some really good value goodies. Raspberries - 49p a punnet, 4 Sharron fruit £1, 5 huge English comice pears £1, Cuke, Romaine lettuce, 3 Kiwi's and a Pomelo.........


If you've never seen one before then the best I can describe the taste is a cross between a sweet grapefruit and a melon. It is not bitter at all but it does take some peeling; you need to remove the skin and the white pith in order to enjoy the delicious fruit within.

Last nights tea is a new recipe (if you can call it that) that I have been meaning to try. Bear with me here, I've not gone nuts.

I present........ Mushy Pea Curry...



Now before you gip I promise that this recipe is the bee's. I wouldn't post it if I didn't think you'd like it :)

If you are on a budget, hitting the kitchen running, vegetarian or just looking to try something filling yet delicious without meat then this is for you. It couldn't be simpler.

You need:
1 onion - peeled and finely chopped
Mushrooms - sliced
2 garlic cloves - minced
2 tins mushy peas
1 tin baked beans
1 tin chopped tomatoes
Curry powder to taste - I added quite a bit and some extra turmeric for a golden hue.

All you do is fry the onion and garlic in a little water and salt until its tender.
Add in the mushrooms and cook some more until they yield their juice and the pan becomes dry again.
Add in the spices of your choice / curry powder.
Add in the contents of all the tins.
Stir really well and let it bubble for 10 minutes.

Serve.

And slap your wrist for ever doubting it would be delicious.

It will however be a little windy the next day, a small price to pay; just don't say  didn't warn ya ;)

When you think about it (and I have) the peas really make it just another form of dahl..... another green form granted, but along the same principles.

Have I convinced you yet?

1 comment:

Be lovely to hear from some of you..... :)