Pages

Thursday 3 November 2011

Back to the gym

It's been a busy Thursday but a lonnnnnnnng day. I am so not used to being at the gym so tonight eating tea later was a shock to the old system! But what a delicious tea it was - we'll get to that in a minute.

Lunch was eaten at my desk and out of Tupperware, so classy.
I started things with a veggie soup into which I tossed some left over pasta and green beans, lets call this a starter:

Closely followed by a salad/pasta combo. In the pot, salad leaves, roasted beetroot and pumpkin all topped with some mushroom pasta.

A deeee-lish lunch.

Mid-afternoon a pear and 3 sneaky satsumas went unphotograped and eaten.

Tonight we headed out to the gym (in the pitch black - boooo) for our first class in 2 weeks. Circuits it was and boy did we both feel it about halfway through! I looked at the husband and he looked at me shaking his head and dripping in sweat! But I think it is fair to say we both feel better for it, even if it was hard slog.
Here are my feet a-ready for running:

Right next to my beloved Camelbak water bottle.
Doesn't that floor remind you of school halls?! Circuits takes place in the hall every week but during the summer months we also head outside to warm up/run.
Tonight it was simple but brutal. Lots of interval running - 'active rest'. In my world active rest involves a sofa and a glass of wine..... no such luck tonight.

Here is a picture post-circuits.

Please check out the sweaty neck... mmmmmm


I was more than ready for some food by the time we got in. Luckily the timer on the oven did  not let me down.
Jacket potato topped with cheese, rare breed pork chop and veggies served with a garlic, cream and pea sauce. 


The peas were bought from the farm shop but are actually grown by the company I work for. I thought I'd have to give them a bash - they were lovely and sweet.


Now it's beddy-byes for this gal. Thankfully Friday beckons (and coffee Friday at that!)

I've just made an experimental breakfast dish with pumpkin; smells divine out of the oven but will let you know how it tastes tomorrow!

Nite x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be lovely to hear from some of you..... :)