Pages

Friday 4 November 2011

Coffee (not cough-ee) Friday

Why morning sleepy heads!
Annnnnnnd, yes, it would be Friday - woot!

Yucky outside though:


Fog and rain, what a lovely combination........
But to lift the spirits I celebrated 'Coffee Friday with a Drive-Thru special this morning.


And guess what?! Next Friday's coffee is FREE as I filled my little card. Oooooo, the thrill :)
Ok, as promised let me share my breakfast recipe with y'all.


Pumpkin breakfast bake




There is cheese involved........ oh yeah, thank me later.


It is so simple to make.
In a bowl, mix 3/4 of a tin of pureed pumpkin (or blend your own cooked pumpkin) with 1 tsp wholegrain mustard. I also stirred through some roasted pumpkin chunks for a bit of texture but only because they were lurking in the fridge.


(If you don't have pumpkin you could use pureed butternut squash or even defrosted frozen chopped spinach).


Layer the pumpkin mixture in the bottom of a small baking dish that you have first sprayed with cooking spray.



Season with some mixed spice (just a sprinkle).
Beat 4 eggs with some salt and pepper and pour over the pumpkin.
I then topped mine with 42g reduced fat cheddar cheese.


Put it into the oven for 25 minutes. Mine baked at 140 degrees c in a fan assisted oven.

Boy, my oven is clean :) (Thank you Mr Oven-Clean man, worth every penny)

20 minutes later........ cheese-scented heaven.


I am having mine warmed in the microwave this morning although you could also eat it cold.


Whichever way you take it though, just make sure it's on the menu - and soon.  

Must dash, Happy Friday! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Be lovely to hear from some of you..... :)