Pages

Monday 17 October 2011

Schweddy Slap....

Tee hee :) You know the satisfying 'slap' as your work out gear hits the floor?! Mmmm baby, that was my clothes tonight after a brutal but brilliant spinning session.

Now ordinarily I wouldn't condone exercising when feeling under the weather but I think you know yourself and I knew I was feeling well enough and even that perhaps a sweaty workout would be good.
Ooof it burned at times in the old thighs but in a nice way. I must admit that the lungs feel like walnuts though.

Lets return to lunchtime.
Bear with me here, I know my soup looks a little gross but trust me, it is good. I think its because I used black turtle beans and these have made the soup the funny colour. But it hit the spot and filled me up.
Recipe is here http://www.savvyeat.com/crockpot-spicy-corn-chowder/ I followed the recipe with the exception of using black turtle beans.

Paired with a simple Greek salad - romaine, cukes, tomato, red onion, 7 black olives and 42g cubed feta - and topped with good balsamic this made a really great lunch.

Mid-afternoon I had some Snack-a Jack curls (88 cals, bargain) shortly followed by some pineapple slices and an Activia Fat Free yogurt.

Tea was a dilemma. I was just not feeling in the mood for anything. I'd defrosted some sausages  low fat garlic and herb for me. But what to have with? In true comfort-food fashion I opted for Actifry chips, baked beans, egg and sausages.
Healthy-holy-delicious:

Even the husband said it totally hit the spot tonight. Sometimes you just need those meals.
Healthy? Why yes. The chips were cooked in the Tefal Actifry with 1 tsp oil, the low fat (syn free) sausages were grilled, the beans... well they are just beans and the egg was fried in Fry Light.

I am finishing a tiny glass of wine (125ml) while we catch up on Spooks from last night, only one left in the series after this :( how will I cope?!

Have a good night all, that is Monday nearly over.... phew.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Be lovely to hear from some of you..... :)