Pages

Thursday 20 October 2011

Getting ahead

I took full advantage of the extra time last night and prepared today's breakfast and lunch.

Into a pan went pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, 28g fruity oats and 1 crumbled scan bran. I added a cup of water and put on the heat for 10 minutes. I then turned off the heat, put the lid on and left the oats overnight.
All there was to do this morning was to reheat and serve - with coffee of course
Lunch was packed and ready to go:
More spicy sweetcorn chowder, salmon salad - lettuce, red pepper, cherry tomatoes, spring onions, cucumber, 1 lightly smoked salmon fillet, 1 tbsp ex light mayo.
For snackage during the day - Honeydew melon wedges, strawberries, 2 satsumas, pear, red grapes and 2 babybel gouda. The Activia yogurt is pictured but was not consumed :)

Once at work the farm shop list came round for ordering lunch and I just could not resist the idea of some garlic and chilli olives. Mmm-mmm. I love olives and 4 of these babies eaten through the day today did the trick for me when I fancied reaching for something perhaps less healthy.


Tea was a recipe I have wanted to try for ages using Naz curry spices - Chicken Korma.
http://www.restaurantcurrykits.co.uk/ 
I followed a video upload from his facebook site to see how it was made - it was so easy and fast.

I used a heaped teaspoon of the spices as he suggested. Once I had dished mine out I added 2 teaspoons of hot chilli sauce to the husbands - some like it hot, he likes it very hot and I knew if I said Korma it would just not cut the mustard. He really enjoyed it, especially the spiciness ;)

I served mine with some wholegrain basmati, a low fat mini naan with garlic coriander and a side of that traditional Indian accompaniment.... SPROUTS!! Heh heh, see, I really am addicted to them.


Not to mention a low cal beer..... well we are celebrating getting through Thursday after all.

Now it's time to sort out tomorrow's early post and prepare for Friday.
We are heading back to the gym tomorrow for the first time since Monday. Spinning at 5.30pm followed by circuits at 6.30pm. Kill or cure time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be lovely to hear from some of you..... :)