Pages

Saturday 15 October 2011

Productive x10

I love those days when you've lots to tackle and you just decide to hit the day running and get on with it.
So after a quick pit stop at work to check a few things I was home and ravenous.

First things first, coffee was needed:
I went with a simple ground coffee but sprinkled some pumpkin pie spice in with the coffee grounds. I love all things pumpkin and this was subtle but delicious.

Breakfast was an egg, ham and juicy tomato sandwich on toasted wholemeal bread and some light mayo.
Is it just me or is the pleasure of a toasted sandwich sometimes ruined as it cuts the roof of your mouth to shreds?!
Pleasure and pain I guess as it was delicious.

Pineapple slices and a banana rounded off a satisfying meal.
I did save the banana for later though as was pretty full after the pineapple.

I then got my skates on and tackled the 'to-do' list. This involved cleaning, tidying and finally sorting some clothes for charity.
I think when you get to the stage were you can no longer shut your dresser drawers something has to be done ;)

About 2pm I stopped for lunch - left over stew (mmmm, so good 2 days later!) plus a fat free yogurt and a totally delicious, juicy pear - this was from my mother in law's tree and really beautiful but I have no idea what variety it is.
After a whirl of the spare bedroom and bathroom I was back downstairs to set about preparing tea.
Seeing as both the husband and I are suffering a little with cold-like symptoms I went with a spicy chilli. I simmered it for about 3 hours and my-oh-my was it delicious. I put it down to a special ingredient...... but that is for sharing another time ;)

I served it with with brown basmati and topped mine with Total 2% Greek yogurt (cooling purposes!) and some reduced fat cheddar cheese.
Crazy-good-spicy-cheese dream in a bowl I tell ya.

I'm now ready to chill with the hubbie and watch some tv - Merlin on BBC1 tonight. I LOVE this programme! Call me sad but we've watched every episode. I was so excited when it started a few weeks ago, buuuuuut...... that's when you know summer is really over.... :(

After all my hard work today I figure I deserve a bottle glass of vino:
Hubbie is not joining me with the red though, he is sticking with my delicious hot toddy's in order to fight off the shivers.
So I get to use my favourite (vast) glass. Will just have to make sure it doesn't swallow the whole bottle!

Have a great night all! x 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be lovely to hear from some of you..... :)