Pages

Thursday 20 October 2011

Pumpkin patch

I think I've mentioned my love of pumpkin a few times recently.

Imagine my delight yesterday when on the way home from work I spotted a batch of pumpkins for sale at the side of the road in one of the little villages.

Well, I couldn't resist these babies. For £1.50 I snagged a small one from the box on the right and a larger one from the box on the left.
They make lovely autumn decorations:
Although they look great I do feel a soup coming on at the weekend so as not to let them go to waste. The smallest one on the top left is actually an onion squash but I don't think it will mind being lumped in with its bigger cousins.
My pumpkin love is in no way exclusive to the fruit itself but extends to both the larder and home fragrance.....

Starting left we have: pumpkin pie spice from my lovely sister in law over in America, Kringle Pumpkin Spice candle, Libby's canned pumpkin x4 (gotta love Amazon), Yankee Candle wax tarts in Pumpkin butter cream and spiced pumpkin, Yankee Candle candy corn sampler and Yankee Candle tea lights in Frosted pumpkin and Spiced pumpkin.

Thank goodness Yankee Candles have not yet come up with a sprout range or I would need therapy.

Many of the blogs I follow celebrate 'Coffee Friday' I have been honouring this tradition for a while so I will be leaving home a little earlier this morning in order to swing by the local drive thru so I can pick up a nice, steaming, freshly ground large black coffee.

There is however an exact time which I have to wait before the coffee is cool enough so as not to burn my face off mid-commute.
Believe me when I say I have tested this by trial and error (and have the blisters to prove it) Soooo, my perfect time is 14 minutes from receiving said coffee, by which time I have usually reached our aforementioned 'Pumpkin' village.

And I think  that may just be the perfect way to wind up this mornings post - we've come full circle :)

Happy (coffee) Friday!

Question:
Any favourite pumpkin recipes out there that you'd care to share? Would love to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be lovely to hear from some of you..... :)