Pages

Sunday 16 October 2011

Awake with the larks

What is it with weekends?! You finally get the chance to sleep in and BAM! Wide awake at silly o'clock.
(Come Monday I will probably want to sleep all day).

Conveniently (for him) the Grand Prix was on at 7am this morning, so while the husband sorted the TV I headed downstairs to brew some fresh coffee.
Lucky for me he prefers instant which is great seeing as my cafetiere holds just the right amount for my favourite mug :)



He proceeded to spill half the contents of his mug over the clean-on-last-night bed covers......... guess that is a job for today then!
It does however mean I get to enjoy clean bed sheets all over again tonight! Woot, my favourite thing ;)

I took the opportunity to order the shopping online and do a bit of meal planning for the week while the race was on.
I've found that online shopping really works for me. I don't love the supermarket as I find I get lost in there ages and come out with lots of things I don't need. Online is great as although I see the offers etc I don't trawl the isles so I'm not tempted by lots of treats plus you get to see the running total of your spend while you are shopping - I often adjust the trolley if I think it is a little high.

The downside is that you perhaps miss out on some of the reduced stuff as you can get some real bargains in store.
I do still head out to the supermarket to do the shopping some weeks but mainly I get it delivered - this week I'm not feeling it so delivery it is :)

Hunger took over about 9am signaling that it was time for eats. I went with a nice hot bowl of pumpkin spice oats.
In the mix - 1 sachet Dorset oats, 1 scan bran (extra fiber), pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin puree, water (I filled the sachet with water and that is the perfect amount), 1 tsp light brown sugar.
Today I cooked it on the hob, most times I do it in the microwave.
Once in the bowl I topped with some Trader Joe's pumpkin butter - did I mention my obsession with pumpkin yet?! Or American foods? Hmmmm, we'll discuss it at some point I am sure.


Now I have some washing to do (again) and a little ironing but apart from that I feel a lazy, cozy day coming on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be lovely to hear from some of you..... :)