Pages

Saturday 29 December 2012

Time to take down

Well hello.

Two days in a row - we are on a roll!

Well as the title suggests today was the day that I decided to take the decorations down, they have been up since 1st December and much as I love them I figure that Xmas is over and really I should get the house back to normal.



It didn't take long to pack it all away and get back to normal. While I was on a roll I packed up some of the bolognese to go in the freezer for weekday teas - making sure to label it so I don't forget what was in it.




As promised the lovely Mr Ocado turned up at 8am and delivered my goodies. There was nothing missing which I love :) and as I'd stocked up on some of my favourite items I was doubly pleased.


Nice thin breadsticks. Orzo pasta (for Nigella's orzo rizotto - yum), Stapleton's low fat fig & date yogurt with grains (so good with fruit) and finally my beloved balsamic - costs the earth but it is worth it as a little goes a long way. I wouldn't pay £12.99 for a bottle of wine but balsamic?! hell yeah :)

After my busy early morning I settled down for some breakfast and a Sky+ fest of my recorded Xmas programmes.



 Mushrooms, spaghetti hoops (oooh, it's been ages), scrambled egg and 2 Linda McCartney sausages - rosemary and red onion. On the side a nice black coffee and for a little later some Greek yogurt, Stapleton Fig & Date yogurt and a sliced banana. Breakfast of champions.

I spent the remainder of the morning lounging but came back to earth with a bump when I realised that I did in fact have a lunch date and 30 minutes to get ready - still in my PJ's at this point. But I managed it and had a lovely lunch with some slimming buddies. I kept it good with steak pie (minus the pastry) a jacket & peas.

So now the hubbie is at the pub and its me and a snacky platter to hold me over until tea time.


Oh, and a little bit of this - another Santa gift.

Plus a peek of my Xmas slippers.
Tea is to be steak, jackets and a garlic mushroom dish - I can't wait.

Happy Saturday!


1 comment:

  1. Hi, Great information! Would you please consider sharing my link to your readers? Please email me back at haileyxhailey gmail.com.

    Thanks!
    Hailey

    ReplyDelete

Be lovely to hear from some of you..... :)